I don't get any data from my Google Analytics account
Below are a couple of things to keep in mind upon connecting your Google Analytics account to the projects:
- Google Analytics is a project-specific setting: the account has to be connected and saved to each project file individually
- You have to have full admin rights for the account; read-only access would not be sufficient to gather the data to your project
- The Property and View that you choose upon connecting the account have to correspond to the project domain (including HTTP/HTTPS and www/non-www prefixes); otherwise, the app won't be able to gather any data
- If you've connected the account successfully, but later on you've changed the email/password, renamed Properties/Views, make sure to reconnect the account anew
How do I connect a GA account?
In any of the SEO PowerSuite apps, go to Preferences > Google Analytics.
- Click to enter your Account Settings (you may also Create a Google Analytics account if you don't have one)
- In the pop-up window, enter your Google Analytics account credentials
- Click to Allow the app to view your data
- Once your Google Analytics is connected, choose the Account, Property, and View in the dropdowns that correspond to the Project Domain (if there are multiple). Here, you can find the details on Google Analytics account structure
- Remove or replace your account (or change the profile) at any time by clicking the Clear/Change button in the same menu
Where the data is taken from?
- Traffic stats displayed in the Domain Strength report in the Traffic to Website section are taken from the Google Analytics account connected to the given project, from under the Acquisition tab > All Traffic > Channels
* to update Traffic to Website you have to update Domain Strength directly in the module!
- Sessions (GA) in Rank Tracker stand for the number of sessions the website received over the last 30 days through each given keyword (no matter the page); the stats are gathered from the Acquisition tab > Campaigns > Organic Keywords
- Page Sessions (GA) stand for the number of organic sessions received by each ranking page over the last 30 days; the stats are gathered from Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels > by Landing Page
- Pageviews (GA) in WebsiteAuditor are parsed from the Behavior tab > Site Content > All Pages (Pageviews column), by URL, for the last 30-day period
Please sign in to leave a comment.