How do I import rank history from other tools to Rank Tracker?
If you're switching from another rank tracking tool that supports CVS export, you can import the rank history for your website into your Rank Tracker project in a few steps.
- Rank history can be imported by one date at a time (if you need to import the data for multiple dates, you'll need to import multiple files one by one)
- The import file must contain Keyword List
- For each search engine, there must be both Rank and Ranking URL columns
- The import file must be properly formatted
How to prepare the data for import?
For each date, create a CSV file that features the same list of keywords in a separate column. For each search engine you'd like to include, add the Rank and the Ranking URL columns.
Below is a sample file with 2 search engines ready for import:
How to import the data into your Rank Tracker project?
To import the data, open/create a project for the exact same domain.
Make sure that all the search engines used in your import files are added to your project (or add the missing ones under Preferences > Preferred Search Engines).
Go to File > Import > Keywords... and follow the wizard to import the file you've prepared:
- Hide the first row (the column names) and check the encoding
- Set the corresponding delimiter
- Assign columns to the file contents
- Choose the date to import the history for
- Preview the data and load it to the project
Repeat with the files for other dates if needed, and make sure to save the project with all the new historical data imported.
Please sign in to leave a comment.