How to solve "Browser initialization failed" error in SEO PowerSuite?
All SEO PowerSuite apps are equipped with an internal browser that is being used in different parts and modules of the software: reports, dashboards, internal processes.
In certain cases, the internal browser may not launch properly: this can be the result of insufficient user permissions, updated anti-virus policies, firewall blocks or outdated browser version.
As a results you may find the following error in different parts of an app:
To solve the problem, try the following steps:
- Close the apps completely
- Go to C:/Users/<username> and jump into the folder of each app in trouble (.ranktracker, .websiteauditor, .seospyglass or .linkassistant)
- Select and delete all the folders containing 'jxbrowser-chromium' in their names:
These are the folders with the internal browser components that will be generated anew along with the successful browser initialization.
- Relaunch the apps with admin rights to generate new browser directories: right-click the icons > Run as Administrator.
- If you are using an anti-virus or firewall, make sure the following files are added to the exception list:
- Make sure carefully the SEO PowerSuite apps are all closed completely.
- Make sure your current User has admin privileges on your Mac, as this is crucial for the proper browser initialization. Otherwise, please grant the privileges and restart your Mac.
- Open the Terminal and run the following command (copy the line in full):
sudo rm -r ~/.ranktracker/jxbrowser*(in case the issue occurs in mutliple SEO PowerSuite apps, please run the same command for each, replacing /.ranktracker/ with /.websiteauditor/ or /.seospygalss/, etc)
This way all browser components will be deleted, and the brand new directories should be generated successfully once you relaunch the apps.
- Close the software completely and try running the following commands in your Terminal one by one:
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
sudo apt install libgconf-2-4