I can't get Number of Searches in Rank Tracker
If you face any issues upon checking the Number of Searches, or the results seem wrong, please look through the most common cases below:
The app asks me to Set Google Ads account
In any paid version of Rank Tracker, by default, SEO/PPC Data is being checked through our dedicated Keyword Index with no necessity to connect an account. In the Free version though, you'll have to connect your personal Google Ads account to harvest the data from it.
- If you're using the Free version, consider getting a license key for the app, or make sure to connect your Google Ads account properly (check the I cannot connect my Google Ads account paragraph)
- If you're a Pro/Enterprise user, go to Preferences > SEO/PPC Data and make sure that SEO PowerSuite Keyword Index is set as the data source there
If you're still seeing a prompt to connect an account, or the check fails, let us have a look at your project.
I cannot connect my Google Ads account
Check these recommendations about integrating your Google Ads account with Rank Tracker.
I've connected my Google Ads account, but the checks fail (Not yet checked)
- Make sure you have connected a regular, personal Google Ads account. MCC accounts (manager accounts with multiple profiles connected) are not supported by Rank Tracker at this time
- Try reconnecting the account to the project anew, following the steps from the I cannot connect my Google Ads account paragraph carefully
- Make sure you miss no Google's verification steps upon connecting the account
- Select the keywords and try updating SEO/PPC Data anew.
I'm getting ranges (e.g.: "100-1K") for the Number of Searches
This can be the case if you're using your personal Google Ads account. For free/low-spending accounts, Keyword Planner returns Search Volume ranges (e.g.: "100-1K") instead of the exact numbers.
In Rank Tracker, you can get exact data using our private formula that takes Forecast data into account to normalize the ranges.
Go to Preferences > SEO/PPC Data and make sure to enable the Forecast method there:
The Number of Searches is different from what I see in Keyword Planner
If that's the case, make sure that:
- You are looking at the freshly-updated Number of Searches in your Rank Tracker project - it won't be reasonable to compare the results obtained days ago to what you currently see in the Keyword Planner
- You are looking at the exact same keyword: exact match, not broad, same special characters (e.g. á is not accidentally replaced with ȧ)
- You are using the exact same Targeting Settings in your Rank Tracker project (under Preferences > SEO/PPC Data) and in the Keyword Planner:
- Location in KP should correspond to the Country set in Rank Tracker
- Language should be set to English (with our Keyword Index) or correspond to the Language set in Rank Tracker (your personal Google Ads)
- Search Networks should be set to Google
- You're not comparing the data from your paid Gooogle Ads account to the SEO PowerSuite Keyword Index data or the data normalized with the Forecast option: those are calculated differently, and will naturally differ.
Rank Tracker calculates the Number of Searches based on Google's data (no controversial third-party sources), using the Avg Monthly Searches (within the last 12-month period), Impressions, and some other Forecast metrics which provide tendency predictions and take seasonality into account. Rank Tracker is using a private normalization formula to put the data together and come up with the exact numbers.